Invite Someone on Stage During Your Event
You can have up to 9 simultaneous streams on stage at the same time and 1 media.
Each person on stage (with or without webcam) and each screen share counts as 1 stream.
You can only share 1 media at a time (PDF, Video, Google file, Figma file, Miro Whiteboard...).
It's up to you to decide how you'd like to allocate the streams.
For example, you can have:
- up to 9 people on stage with or without webcam (9 streams)
- 9 people on stage with or without webcam (9 streams) + 1 media
- 4 people on stage with or without webcams and screen sharing (8 streams) + 1 media
In order to join the stage (to share their webcam/microphone), the users need to be using Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Safari (12.1+) or Edge (79+) on a computer.
You may also use some versions of mobile/tablet devices.
To invite someone on stage during your event, all you have to do is click on the three dots next to a profile in the Chat tab and click on Invite on stage. You can also invite someone on stage from the People tab.
You can only invite people on stage that are online (green dot).
By doing this, you will send an invite to that person:
All they have to do is accept the invite. They will be prompted to configure their audio/video and join the stage afterwards.
Event contributors can join the stage themselves by clicking on the Join stage button found in the event room. They don't have to be invited on stage.
- To remove the guest from the stage, hover over their stream and click on the X in top right corner of their stream. If you want them on stage again, you will have to resend them an invite.
- To cancel an invitation on stage, click again on the options button next to the attendee you invited. You will see a "Cancel invite" option. Click to cancel the invite.
- The number of people on stage is limited to 9 at the same time. To accept a new guest on stage someone has to leave first. You can temporarily leave stage by clicking on the X in the top right corner of your stream. You can then come back on stage with the "Join stage" button.
- For privacy reasons and better event management, no one can enable the camera or unmute the microphone of someone else. Each person must manage their own stream/stage settings. They will either need to do it themselves or you can request them to do it.
- In order to join the stage, from a computer, you would need to use Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari 12.1+ or Microsoft Edge 79+. From mobile/tablet, you would need to use iOS 12.1+ (on Safari) or Android. If the person you want to invite is using a browser that is not compatible with WebRTC, you will see Invitation not available, like this :