Invite People to Your Events
You can have as many registrants for your event as you like. The only limitation is for live attendees. In this article, we will teach how to share your events, invite people to register, and share some tips to maximize your registrations.
Sending invitations WILL NOT bulk register people to your events. They need to register and actually opt-in to your events.
Our Terms of Service do not allow using invitation emails for other purposes than inviting people to your events. Any other use could result in permanent account deletion and IP ban.
IN THIS ARTICLE
The Types of Registration Pages
There are 2 types of registration pages according to your needs and type of events.
1. The Detailed Registration Page
The detailed registration page is ideal for webinars or virtual events.
2. The Light Registration Page
The light registration page is ideal for meetings or if you like to keep it simple and quick to register.
The Share Event Modal
Once your event is published, the Share event modal will show up. It contains in one place all the different ways you can share your event.
Right from the Share event modal, you can:
- Copy the link of the detailed and light registration page
- Open the detailed and light registration page
- Register someone manually to your event
- Share your event via Twitter, Linkedin, and Facebook
- Embed your registration page with the registration widget
- Send emails invites in bulk
- Display the event on your company page
- Make your event private and disable your registration page
After closing the Share event modal, you can open it again by clicking on Share event at the top right corner of your Event dashboard.
Share Your Registration Pages
Share Your Detailed Registration Page
Sharing your Detailed Registration page from the page itself is very easy.
Indeed, you have the option to:
- embed the registration widget on your website
- share the registration page on Twitter, Linkedin and Facebook
- share the registration page by email
- copy the permalink (the link will still be valid even if you change your event URL)
Livestorm Tip #1 👉 You can share your URL registration page with an email parameter on it to pre-fill the email field. Here's an example: https://firstname.lastname@example.org
Livestorm Tip #2 👉 By adding UTM tags in your URL you can track the source of registrations (details here). This way you will know if your attendees come from Twitter, Facebook or any other source. You can even hack the UTM tags to pass user IDs to distinguish leads and actual customers.
Share your Light Registration Page
To share your Light Registration Page and invite people to register you can either:
- copy the link from your URL bar and share it or
- embed the registration widget on your website.
Register Someone Manually
You can also register someone yourself to your event if you need it without sharing your registration page. This works best for adding small groups of people or maybe adding someone last minute who was unable to register.
There are 2 ways to register someone manually for your event.
- From the Share Event Modal:
- From a specific session of your event:
Send Email Invitations
There's a built-in invitation feature inside Livestorm to invite people to your events directly from your dashboard.
- Go to your Event dashboard.
- Select the Email invites tab.
- Click on Invite contacts.
- Preview your email by clicking on Preview invite email.
- Choose between the Detailed & Light Registration page by clicking on Edit email and then you'll see the scroll down menu.
- By default, the invite email redirects to the Detailed Registration page.
- Don't forget to Save changes.
- Go back to enter the email addresses of the people you want to send the email invite to and check the GDPR box.
- You can send out the invitation to the same email address only once. It's not possible to relaunch invitations for the same address.
- You can send 2000 invitations per event.
Livestorm Tip 👉 You can send the email invite to yourself and then use your own messaging application. You can also use a dedicated emailing software (like MailChimp) and include the link to your registration page on it. That way, you can send more than 2000 invitations. 😉
After sending out the invitations you can track the invitation status in the invitation table.
The Email Invitation Status (Learn More)
- Delivered: Email is delivered to a recipient.
- Opened: Email is opened by a recipient.
- Clicked: The recipient clicks the button to register for your event.
- Deferred: The recipient mail server asked SendGrid (our mailing service) to stop sending emails so fast.
- Bounced: When an email is attempted to be delivered, but the recipient mail server rejects it.
- Unsubscribed: The recipient is unsubscribed from your emails
You are hosting a Recurring Event (Learn More)
When you invite someone to register for your event, they'll receive an invitation containing a link to the registration page.
When they click on the link, they'll be redirected to the registration page which will display the closest session. The visitor has the option to display all upcoming sessions on the same page.
The same rule applies when you share the URL of your recurring event. When a visitor clicks on the shared link, the upcoming session will be displayed automatically for registration.
Use the Company Page
The company page is a macro view of all your upcoming and past events. It is enabled by default on your
If you use the widget you will be able to embed your upcoming
You will be able to customize the widget with:
- Past | Upcoming | On-demand events
- Number of events to display
Also, if you play with the height/width you will be able to modify the layout of the widget to make it fit on a sidebar for example.
You can go to our website homepage, if you scroll down you will see ours for example:
Livestorm Tip 👉 You can use the company page and its widget to drive traffic to your events.
- Include a link to your
navon your website.
- Put it in your email signature.
- Put the link in your
- Include the widget in your blog sidebar.
- Include the widget in sections inside multiple pages (you will find our event sections on our home page, "features" page, etc.).
Use Your Own Landing Pages
Of course, you can add a completely custom page using Instapage or Hubspot and get registrations from there. To do it we recommend reading this post.