Add Contributors to Your Event
There are two kinds of contributors: team members (hosts, moderators) and guest speakers. Both have moderation rights to moderate each event or session that they are assigned to. They can help you manage your events for a smooth event sailing! ⛵️
Our pricing is per host. Each additional host incurs an add-on fee, but moderators and guest speakers are free and unlimited! 👌
Moderators or guest speakers will not be able to start or end the event.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Add Team Members to Your Event
Team members can be added at any time to your event. You can either do it when you create your event or add your team members to each individual event session.
Add Team Members When Creating an Event
When you create a new event, you can add your team members so they will be added to all of the sessions that you create at the same time. You can always edit your team members for each session later on.
You must assign your team members to each event they need event room access to.
Our pricing is per host and nominative. Each additional host incurs an add-on fee.
Moderators are free and unlimited! You may add as many as you need. 👌
If you made a mistake, you can remove your team members one by one.
Add Team Members to an Individual Event Session
You might want to add team members after you've created your event or assign different team members to different sessions.
You must assign your team members to each session they need event room access to.
- Go to your Events dashboard.
- Choose the event you want to add team members to and click on Edit.
- Click on add a team member.
Pick an existing team member or
add a new team member to your account.
If you add a new team member, you will be redirected to your account settings.
- If you made a mistake, you can remove your team members one by one.
- Don't forget to click on Save updates when you're done adding your team members to your session.
Add Guest Speakers to an Individual Event Session
If you want to add contributors to your event, but not give them access to your events dashboard, you can add them as Guest speakers. Guest speakers typically apply in cases you'd like to invite people outside of your company to speak at your event.
Guest speakers are free and unlimited! You may add as many as you need. 👌
Guest speakers can't be added when you create an event. You must assign your guest speakers to each session they need event room access to.
- Go to your Events dashboard.
- Choose the event and then the session you want to add guest speakers to and click on Edit.
- Click on add a guest speaker.
Pick an existing guest speaker from a previous session or add a
new guest speaker.
If you add a new guest speaker, you will need to fill in a form.
- If you made a mistake, you can remove your guest speakers one by one.
- Don't forget to click on Save updates when you're done adding your guest speakers to your session.
- They will receive an email as soon as you publish the event or as soon as they're added if the event is already published.
If you made a mistake in entering your guest speaker's email address, it will not be possible to edit it. You will need to remove the guest speaker from the session so you can add him/her again with the right email address.
Highlight Team Members & Guest Speakers
You can choose whether you'd like your team members and guest speakers to be highlighted. Highlighting your contributors means they will be displayed on your registration page.
Simply check or uncheck the highlight option according to your preference when you add your contributors to your event or event session. You can always change your mind later on and edit this option.
Contributors' Access to the Event
Assigned team members can access the event room right from their Livestorm dashboard.
Hosts can assign themselves to the event room to gain access.
Added guest speakers can join the event room before it starts through their personal access link they'll receive by email.
- If your event is published, they will receive their confirmation email as soon as you add them.
- If the event is not published yet, they will receive the confirmation email once it is published.
Contributors' Rights During the Event
Contributors have full event moderation rights. They can:
- Enter the event room before the event starts so they can run tests beforehand.
- Join the stage to share their webcam or microphone with the audience.
- Send a CTA, publish polls (team members only), share a media, reply back to questions...
- Delete chat messages, kick people out, remove people from stage, mute people...
This works great for your team members and guest speakers who will help manage and moderate the event.
Only hosts can create, edit, start or end events. Moderators and guest speakers do not have these rights. Please read our dedicated article "Differences Between Roles" for a more detailed list of rights.