Create Your Event With Calendly
Calendly is a leader in the meeting scheduling industry with powerful features to ease appointment bookings.
By connecting Livestorm and Calendly together, you and your team members can have a Livestorm event automatically added as a video conferencing app for your calendar event generated by Calendly. This is useful if you want to use all the power of Livestorm and in particular, the native analytics features to better understand your attendees’ behavior.
This feature is in public beta at the moment. Don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com to give us feedback to help us improve it!
In this article
Enable a Calendar integration on Livestorm
Since the Livestorm integration with Calendly relies on a calendar connection, you need to activate a calendar integration on both tools.
Enable the Calendar on Calendly
To be able to use Livestorm with Calendly, you need to enable your calendar on Calendly:
- Click on your name at the top right corner and go to the Calendar Connections link.
- Find the same calendar type enabled on your Livestorm account (Google Calendar or Outlook Calendar) and click on the Connect button.
- Choose your calendar account. Make sure to use the same account you have used on Livestorm!
- Allow access to your calendar account.
- That's it, your calendar has been added to Calendly! 🎉
Configure the Calendly Event Types with Livestorm
The last step to make Calendly work with Livestorm is to configure the Calendly event types.
- From your Calendly Home page, go to Event Types and create a new event type or edit an existing one.
- Once you’ve chosen the event where you want to have Livestorm as video conferencing, go to the What event is this? section (at the top) and use at least one of the following settings, or even both if you want to.
- Don't forget to Save & Close when you are done editing this section!
- Use the location of your event
- Edit the Location field (this location will be copied into the calendar invite), select Custom and write #livestorm. Don't forget to click on Update to save it!
- Use the description of your event
- You can use the #livestorm in the Description field (the full description will be copied to the calendar invite).
- Go to the Notifications and Cancellation Policy, click on Switch to Email Confirmations, then Personalize for Calendar Invitations. Make sure the Location or the Event Description (depending on the option you choose previously) is present in the body.
And that’s it, you’re all set! 🎉 Next time a meeting will be booked on your Calendly booking page with the meeting configured previously, the attendee and yourself will receive a calendar invitation and the Livestorm video conferencing link will automatically be added to the calendar event 5 minutes later. Your attendee will also receive their personal link to enter the Livestorm event room by email.