Connect Pardot & Livestorm
Pardot is a marketing automation solution and lead generation tool from Salesforce. It enables marketers to identify prospective customers that are most likely to convert.
In this article, we'll show you how to link your Livestorm Workspace with your Pardot instance.
You need to activate the connected campaign between Pardot and Salesforce in order for it to work.
This integration will :
- Create a Pardot Campaign whenever you create a Livestorm Session.
- Create a Pardot Prospect associated to this campaign whenever someone registers to this Livestorm session.
- Update the Pardot Prospect with the attendance data at the end of your session.
To install this integration, you’ll need to have access to your Livestorm Workspace and to your Pardot instance.
- Log in to your Livestorm account.
- On the top right corner, click on Log in.
- Scroll down to the section Guided Flows, then in the Pardot Campaigns flow, select one of the two instances: Prod or Sandbox based on your environment choice. You have to leave your cursor on the title to see the full name of the flow. Then click on Setup.
- You will be asked to log in to your Livestorm account. This is just an extra step of security to ensure that you are an authorized user. You can click on Add Livestorm account and use your usual Livestorm credentials to log in.
- Once connected to your Livestorm account, you will be asked to connect to your Pardot one using the Host URL and your Business Unit ID.
- Host URL: use https://pi.demo.pardot.com if you are using a sandbox environment and https://pi.pardot.com if you are using a production environment. Detailed information can be found in the Pardot API documentation.
- Business Unit ID: to find your Pardot Business Unit ID in Pardot, go to your settings by clicking on the gear icon on the top right corner, then Marketing Setup > Pardot Account Setup. Your Pardot Business Unit ID begins with “0Uv” and is 18 characters long.
- Then log into Pardot using your usual credentials. Once you are connected, click on Next.
- Now the fun part begins! You will be asked to map the fields of your Pardot Prospect with the fields available on the Livestorm Registrant object: for every Pardot field that you want to fill with Livestorm data, select the corresponding Livestorm field. You will also see your own Pardot custom fields in the list, allowing you to tailor the flow to your specific rules and needs.
- You will be asked to connect to your Salesforce account. Once again if you are using a Sandbox environment, select the Sandbox option. If you are using a production environment, select the Production option. Once connected, click on Next.
- Your integration with Pardot is ready to be enabled, all you have to do is click on Save. You will then see the new flow created. Make sure that it is set to active and you are good to go! The integration is activated across all of your events by default, so you won’t have to enable it for each event in the Livestorm platform like for other integrations. You can also check this article to know more about all the integrations you can use with Livestorm!