Register People Using Your Pardot Forms
Please make sure to read through our Pardot integration summary article to get a thorough understanding of how the integration works before proceeding to the steps below.
If you wish to use your Pardot forms and landing pages to handle your Livestorm events registration, the connector will follow this process:
- Create a Pardot Campaign whenever you create a Livestorm Session.
- Create a registrant in this Livestorm session whenever someone fills in the form associated with this Pardot campaign .
- Update the Pardot Prospect with the attendance data and any other custom fields mapped at the end of your session.
- Log in to your Livestorm account.
- Go to https://livestorm.integry.io.
- On top right corner, click “Sign In”, then “Login to the app”. The system will connect to Integry using your Livestorm credentials.
- Scroll down to the section “Guided flows”, then select the “[Prod] Pardot (Register from Pardot)” flow. Simply leave your cursor on the title to see the full name of the flow. Then click on “Setup”.
- You are asked to connect to your Salesforce account. Once again if you are using a Sandbox environment, select the Sandbox option, if you are using a production environment, select the Production option. Once connected, click “Next”.
- After this you will be asked to connect to your Pardot account using the Host URL and your Business Unit ID.
- Host URL: use “https://pi.demo.pardot.com” if you are using a sandbox environment and “https://pi.pardot.com” if you are using a production environment. Detailed information can be found in the Pardot API documentation.
- Business Unit ID: to find your Pardot Business Unit ID in Pardot, simply go to your settings by clicking on the gear icon in the top right corner, then Marketing Setup > Business Unit Setup. Your Pardot Business Unit ID begins with “0Uv” and is 18 characters long.
- Then simply log into Pardot. Make sure that the credentials used to log in correspond to a user who has the permissions to create campaigns in Pardot. Once you are connected, click on “Next”.
- Now the fun part begins! You will be asked to map the fields of your Pardot Prospect object with the fields available on the Livestorm Registrant object : for every Pardot field that you want to fill with Livestorm data, simply select the corresponding Livestorm field. You will also see your own Pardot custom fields in the list, allowing you to tailor the flow to your specific rules and needs.
- Your integration with Pardot is ready to be enabled, all you have to do is click “Save”. You will then see the new flow created, just make sure that it is set to active and you are good to go! The integration is activated across all of your events by default, so you won’t have to enable it for each event in the Livestorm platform.