Livestorm Data Server Location
Our priority is to ensure that your data is stored and transmitted in the most secure way possible.
In this article
Livestorm Video Data Server Location
Livestorm uses the WebRTC protocol to exchange audio and video packages within a browser without any downloads. Please refer to the official documentation to understand why WebTC is secure by design.
Livestorm employs Transport Layer Security (TLS) to encrypt both voice and video data. The core protocols used are SRTP for media traffic encryption and DTLS-SRTP for key negotiation, both of which are defined by the IETF. The endpoints use strong encryption protocol on both ends to encrypt audio and video and verify data integrity.
All data transmitted between Livestorm clients and the Livestorm service is done using strong encryption protocols.
Livestorm supports the latest recommended secure cipher suites to encrypt all traffic in transit:
- TLS 1.2 protocols,
- AES256 encryption,
- and SHA256 with RSA signatures (RSA 2048 bits), whenever supported by the clients.
Basic & Premium Customers
We use the data center closest to the first person who connects to an event session, whether in America, Europe, or Asia.
You can check the complete list of all available data centers here.
If you're an Enterprise customer, you can restrict the video traffic of your events to a certain region. Indeed, you can choose which servers your video data should go through.
You have three options:
- Automatically choose the best location (same as Basic & Premium Customers)
- Always use EU (Europe) video servers
- Always use US (United States) video servers
- Go to your Account Settings and then Data Protection.
- If it's the first time you're using this feature, you will need to contact us so we can enable it for you.
- Choose the video servers you want to use for the next event sessions you will create.
- Confirm your choice of video server location.
- From now on, all sessions you create will have the video server setting selected. You can check your video server region on each of your sessions individually.
The feature isn't retroactive. All previously created event sessions will keep the previous video server settings. You will need to create your sessions again if you wish to change the video server settings.
Livestorm Data at Rest Server Location
The Livestorm data at rest server is located on databases within the EU and backed up every 24h.
Data at rest in Livestorm is encrypted using NIST’s best practices regarding salt and pepper cryptography guidelines.
The Livestorm service is hosted in data centers maintained by industry-leading service providers, offering state-of-the-art physical protection for the servers and infrastructure with 99.9% SLA.
Livestorm ensures secure transmission by using:
- Secure Connection: sessions established to access the data are secure with secured tokens that are regenerated periodically.
- Data Transmission and Encryption: Livestorm employs Transport Layer Security (TLS) to encrypt both voice and video data. The core protocols used are SRTP for media traffic encryption and DTLS-SRTP for key negotiation, both of which are defined by the IETF. The endpoints use strong encryption protocol on both ends to encrypt audio and video and verify data integrity.