How Do I Moderate My Webinar?
IN THIS ARTICLE
How to kick someone from the webinar room
You can click on the ••• icon next to a profile either on the Chat tab or the People tab. This will display the option to Kick. Just click to ban that person from your webinar.
Who can kick people out of the webinar room?
In order to kick someone from your webinar, you must have moderation rights. This means that any team member or guest speaker assigned to the webinar can kick people out.
What happens when you kick someone out?
They will be disconnected from the webinar immediately and won't be able to join any webinar room again.
Note: They will remain a registrant (visible in your People dashboard) and receive any webinar emails you have enabled. However, when they click on their access link, they will not be allowed in the room.
Note: you can "unkick" someone by clicking on the same button again.
How to delete a message or a question
Same thing here, just pick a different option in the dropdown next to a message or a question in the questions tab.
How to edit an answer in the Questions tab
You've submitted an answer to a question, but you'd like to edit it for numerous reasons, an overlooked typo, missing information, etc. Easy, just click on the ••• icon next to your answer and click "Edit answer".
Why are there participants in the room even though I have not started the webinar?
Sometimes, before you start the webinar, you will see people connected to the room, but don't worry they cannot access the room or see you.
- If they have the green dot next to their name, they are connected and on the waiting page. The waiting page will show a countdown until the start of the webinar and as soon as you start the webinar, the page will automatically become the webinar room, they don't need to refresh their page.
- If the dot is gray, they are not connected. They have connected at least once to the webinar, fell on the waiting page, and closed the window.
Moderating the stage and speakers
All hosts, moderators, and guest speakers who are assigned to the webinar will have the option to proactively Join stage.
Joining the stage means you can share your webcam, audio, and/or screen to your audience. Please read more here Manage webcam & screensharing for the step by step instructions 📷
Invite on stage
Hosts, moderators, and guest speakers can also invite other people on stage, as well as remove anyone from stage. Please read more here on how to: Invite someone on stage.
Sharing and removing from stage
Hosts, moderators, and guest speakers can also control what is shared during the webinar. They can each:
- share their own screen
- share a media
- share a whiteboard
- remove their own or someone else's shared screen from stage (but only the person sharing their screen can control their own screen)
- remove their own or someone else's media from stage
- control the video player for a shared media (MP4/youtube)
- pass slides for a shared media (PDF)
Please read more here on the Differences between roles.
If you disable someone else on stage's audio or video, they will need to re-enable it themselves in order to share their audio/video again. Each individual must control their own stream/stage settings.
This is for privacy reasons and better webinar management to prevent contributors playing with each other's settings which we have often seen in the past.