Screen Sharing Issues
In this article, we will take a look at some of the common issues you may have while screen sharing.
Screen share access depends on two main points:
- Your browser preferences
- Your operating system preferences
In order to prevent any errors, please make sure to give access in each scenario. We have grouped some of the common access issues below:
If screen sharing is blocked in Safari, please follow the steps below to enable it:
1. Click Safari > Settings for this website:
2. Check that the Screen Sharing field is not set on Deny. Set it on Ask or Allow:
3. Refresh your browser. The next time you try to screen share, Safari will display a window to asking you to allow screen sharing.
Please note that it's not possible to share a window or a tab with Safari.
If screen sharing is blocked in Firefox, please follow the steps below to enable it:
Using Newer Versions of MacOS
If you are using macOS, there is a new privacy option to enable in order to use screen sharing. This requirement is prompted the first time when you want to share your screen :
If you deny access, you won't be able to use the screen sharing as you will get this error message:
But don't worry! You can always visit your System Preferences to give access.
All you have to do is go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy and click on Privacy. Under "Screen Recording", please give access to your browser so you can start using screen sharing:
- If you are consistently presented with an error message when trying to share your screen saying that the audio or video devices are unavailable, you would need to disable and re-enable the permissions in the system preferences of your Mac.