How Do I Dial into a Webinar?
IN THIS ARTICLE:
Attendees who have trouble watching or listening to the live stream, due to their network, firewall or environment can call a number to join your event by phone.
The steps are pretty easy. In order to dial-in to any webinar or event:
- Attendees can click on the Help button found on the top right of the live stream.
- Or they can click on the "Encountering issues with audio or video?" message found right above the webinar sidebar.
Once they click Phone dial-in, then they'll be able to choose the country that they're located in from the pop-up. To listen to the webinar, your attendees can call the stated number, and then enter the 6 digit code to join the event and start listening!
Currently, we offer numbers from 13 countries (we will add new countries on demand):
- USA 🇺🇸: +1 888-220-0131
- France 🇫🇷: +33 1 82 88 57 10
- UK 🇬🇧: +44 800 060 8942
- Canada 🇨🇦: +1 431-301-5848
- Belgium 🇧🇪: +32 63 68 07 22
- Brazil 🇧🇷: +55 21 3500-2757
- Australia 🇦🇺: +61 488 838 181
- India 🇮🇳: +91 00 800 9190 564
- Ireland 🇮🇪: +353 76 888 7422
- Italy 🇮🇹: +39 800 597 032
- Mexico 🇲🇽: +52 55 7100 2779
- Greece 🇬🇷: +30 21 0300 3275
- Germany 🇩🇪: +49 89 20194042
Attendees dialling from within the phone number’s region would be charged local rates.
Bear in mind that the attendee must connect to the webinar room first to access this popup and the number to dial. This feature is currently an alternative to watching the stream on a computer. If you want to give them the dial-in information in advance, you may include this in your custom emails: How to add custom emails with the dial-in info?.
Also, attendees will only be able to listen to your live stream. If you're sharing a pre-recorded video for example, this won't be heard through our dial-in feature.
⚠️ If registrants dial into your webinar before it has started, the number will automatically hang up. Your attendees need to wait until you start your webinar to dial-in.
👉 Note that that this feature is not available for Livestorm Meet yet.
How to view the dial-in code as host
You can now view the dial-in code for your upcoming sessions right in your dashboard, from the host view 🚀
1. Go to your People dashboard
2. Click on +filter with a session
3. Select the Active column dial-in access code and voila 🎊
Feel free to share this with your registrants or add it to your emails as needed.
How to add dial-in info to emails
You can now add the dial-in information right in the Livestorm emails, so your attendees can view the number and code before entering the webinar room 🚀
Note that you will need to add custom email templates to include this information.
1. Go to your Account settings > Emails tab (or Webinar Settings > Emails > Add an email > Manage templates)
2. Click on +new template
3. Create your email and check the section ☑️ Display dial-in information
4. Add your custom email templates to your webinar(s) : Webinar Settings > Emails > Add an email > Select the template
In your new email template :
The phone number will change according to the registrant's country when available.