Dial-in to an Event
Hosts, moderators, guest speakers, or attendees who have trouble watching or listening to the live stream, due to their network, firewall or environment can join an event by phone by calling a number and entering an access code.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Dial-in to an Event
Team members (hosts, moderators) and guest speakers are able to join the stage via dial-in to the event while attendees are only able to listen to the event.
The access code will determine if the person dialing in is a speaker (host, moderator, guest speaker) or an attendee. Indeed, speakers have a 12 digit code and will be able to join the stage whereas attendees have a 6 digit code.
The attendees need to wait until the event is started to dial-in, otherwise they will hear "The event has not started yet, please try again later". The number will then automatically hang up. Only Team members and guest speakers can dial-in before the beginning of the event.
If in the Speaking permissions of your Event settings you chose that "Everyone can speak", attendees still won't be able to speak via dial-in. Only team members and guest speakers will be able to speak via dial-on no matter what speaking permission you opted for.
In order to dial-in to an event, hosts, moderators, guest speakers or attendees can either:
- Click on the Help button found in the bottom left of the live stream
- Click on the Encountering issues with audio or video? Message found right above the event sidebar.
By clicking on Phone dial-in, they will see the number to call and the access code to enter the room.
The number shown by default will be based on their IP address. To listen to the event, any number listed can be called. The code to enter is required to join the room and start listening.
Once they call the number and enter the access code:
- Speakers (team members, guest speakers) will hear the message "You will enter the room in 3. 2. 1. Entering room" which means they are directly able to speak on stage once they join the room.
They will be displayed on the stage with a phone icon on their stream, but they won't show up in the "People tab" inside the room.
If possible, speakers dialing-in should mute their microphone on their phone when they're not speaking to avoid background noise in the room. They should also wear earphones/headphones to avoid echo issues.
Dial-in streams can't be removed from the stage. Speakers will need to hang up themselves to leave the stage.
- Attendees will be able to start listening straight away and won't be able to speak on stage.
Since the feature is an alternative to watching the stream on a computer, you might want to share the dial-in information in advance by including it in your custom emails.
Registrants who dial-in will only be able to listen to your live stream. If you're sharing a pre-recorded video for example, this won't be heard through our dial-in feature.
At the moment, dialing in statistics can't be displayed on the dashboard.
Find the Dial-in Codes
- Attendee dial-in code
You can check the attendee dial-in codes for your upcoming sessions right in your dashboard.
- Go to your People dashboard.
- Click on +filter with a session.
- Be sure to select Upcoming sessions.
- Check the dial-in access code in the active columns menu.
- The column will then be displayed with the attendee dial-in access code of each session.
You can also copy the full dial-in access information in your People dashboard.
- Click on the chosen name.
- A side pane will open.
- Click on Copy access information.
You can now share the dial-in access information by pasting it in a message.
- Team member & guest speaker dial-in code
You can find the team member & guest speaker dial-in code for joining the stage:
- in the event room once the event is started with the Help button or by clicking on "Encountering issues with audio or video?(see above)
- in the People dashboard (see above)
Each team member & guest speaker has their own dial-in access code. This code is unique and should not be shared for use with anyone else.
Add the Dial-in Information to Emails
You can add the dial-in information right in the Livestorm emails, so your attendees can view the number and code before entering the Event room 🚀
You will need to add custom email templates to include this information.
- Go to your Settings.
- Choose Account settings.
- Click on Emails.
- Add your custom template by clicking on +new template".
- Check the Display dial-in information box ( the phone number will change according to the registrant's country when available). Fill in the template and create it.
- In your Email settings, click on Add an email.
- Choose your custom email.
Be aware that only the attendee code will be displayed in the custom template email.
Your custom email can now be sent with the attendee dial-in connection information.
Dial-in Phone Numbers
Currently, we offer numbers from 14 countries ( we will add new countries on demand).
Any number can be called to join the event.
The access code will then allow the registrant to enter the room. The registrants dialing from within the phone number’s region will be charged local rates.
- USA 🇺🇸: +1 833-447-3635
- France 🇫🇷: +33 1 78 42 94 76
- UK 🇬🇧: +44 745 128 9536
- Canada 🇨🇦: +1 204-410-1594
- Belgium 🇧🇪: +32 80 07 08 51
- Brazil 🇧🇷: +55 11 3164-3361
- Australia 🇦🇺: +61 180 068 6942
- India 🇮🇳: +91 88 288 98 007
- Ireland 🇮🇪: +353 74 920 8003
- Italy 🇮🇹: +39 800 727 424
- Mexico 🇲🇽: +52 80 0461 0223
- Greece 🇬🇷: +30 21 0300 7874
- Spain 🇪🇸: +34 900 876 859
- Singapore 🇸🇬: +65 8003 2111 79