Connect Google Analytics & Livestorm
Google Analytics enables you to keep track of the visits on your website or any platform where you can put the Google Analytics tag on.
By connecting Livestorm and Google Analytics together, you can paste your Google Analytics tag on the Livestorm Registration pages and Company page. This is useful if you want to track visitors or registrations on those specific platforms with your own analytics. You can even create custom properties in Google Analytics for the registration pages and/or the company page. You will be able to capture more insights on the visitors such as the device, the source of the traffic, the time spent on the page, etc. as well as for analytics on their registration.
Registrants who don't allow Livestorm cookies won't be tracked on Google Analytics.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Set up Google Analytics With Livestorm
Follow these steps to set up Google Analytics with Livestorm, it's very easy:
- Go to your Google Analytics admin and click on Create Property.
- Create a new property dedicated to Livestorm.
Create a different property for each part of your website/app/event to track the traffic separately.
- Copy your Google Analytics Tracking ID from the given property.
- Go to your Livestorm Account Settings.
- Click on Integrations and select the Google Analytics card.
- Paste your Google Analytics Tracking ID and Continue to next step.
- Choose where you want the integration to be enabled.
- Choose if you want to "Automatically enable this integration for new events".
- Now that you're all set, you can Enable the integration! 🎉
In addition to tracking visits, we'll also send a registration event to Google Analytics so you can track it as well. We fire an event in this format:
- Category: Webinar
- Action: Register
- Label: Name of the Event
The Google Analytics integration you've just set up will not be enabled by default on events previously created. You need to enable it manually on each event.
If you are encountering a problem with your Google Analytics integration, here is a list to help you check if everything is set up properly:
- In your Account Settings > Integrations > Google Analytics, check if the integration is enabled on the Registration pages, Company page and if it's automatically enabled for new events.
- In your specific event, in Settings > Integrations, check if Googe Analytics is enabled.
- Check the code source of the Registration page with Chrome inspector (right click on the page > Inspect > Elements) and see if the analytic tag is loaded.
- From your Chrome inspector (right click on the page > Inspect > Network) see if data is being sent to Google Analytics.
- You can download the Chrome Extension for Google Tag Assistant and open it on your Registration pages.
- Check if you're looking at the right property.
- Check if you're looking at the right time period.
If your Google Analytics integration is still not working, you can contact our support team at email@example.com. They will be very happy to help you🙂