Use Zapier to Connect Livestorm & 1000 Apps
Zapier lets you connect Livestorm to hundreds of other web services. Automated connections called Zaps, set up in few minutes without any code required, can automate your day-to-day tasks and build workflows between apps that otherwise wouldn't be possible.
Each Zap has a Trigger, where your information comes from and which causes one or more Actions in other apps, where your data gets sent automatically.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Set up Zapier With Livestorm
Setting up Zapier with Livestorm is very easy. No need to code, just follow these steps:
(or go to your Livestorm Dashboard > Account Settings > Integrations > Zapier)
You only need to add the Zapier token once.
Create Your First Zap
Let's now create a Zap to connect Livestorm with another app of your choice, automate a workflow and save you time!
- On your Zapier landing page, click on MAKE A ZAP.
- Name your zap at the top left corner.
- Choose a trigger with Livestorm as an App & the Trigger Event you want, and click on Continue.
- New Registrant
- Event Published
- Session Started
- Session Ended
- Registrant Attended
- Registrant Didn't Attend
- Choose your Livestorm account ( or sign in to set up your Livestorm account with Zapier) and Continue.
- Test trigger to make sure the trigger works correctly and Continue.
- Now you get to select the action you want for your Zap with an App Event and an Action Event.
A trigger is an event that starts a Zap with a specific app. You can only choose 1 trigger per Zap. The trigger tells the Zap "when" to begin doing something.
We provide the following 6 Triggers with Livestorm app:
An action is a task that a Zap performs after it's triggered. The action tells the Zap "what" to do. You can add as many actions as you need in a Zap.
You might wonder what Zaps would be useful to use with Livestorm as there are plenty of options. We provide the following 9 Actions:
- Create Event
- Update Event
- Remove Event
- Create Session
- Update Session
- Remove Session
- Find Session
- Create Registrant
- Remove Registrant
Here are a few examples to give you some ideas of workflows that you could set up:
- From Livestorm to Others Apps
|Create Spreadsheet Row(s)
|Session Started/ Ended
|Send Channel Message
|Event is Published
- From Others Apps to Livestorm
|New Form Submission
|New Spreadsheet Row
With Zapier, you can also bulk import registrants from another source, use your own landing page to register attendees, host paid/private events, track conversions on your registration pages, and much more!
Debug Your Zaps
If you're missing data or your Zap didn't run as expected, it's often due to a misconfiguration. You will need to debug your Zap to make it work again from your Zap History.
- Go to your Zap History that runs a log of your tasks.
- Click on Zap runs.
- Filter your Zaps by Status to see which ones weren't successful.
- Click on the Zaps that are listed and check the Data in & Data Out.
- You'll find the error in the history of the Zap and will be able to Edit This Step to fix it.
Migrate Your Zaps from Livestorm v1 to v2
Our Livestorm connector with Zapier has improved. We've launched a new version of it. 🎉
Your old Zaps still work at the moment but you will have to migrate them from our Livestorm v1 to v2 by March 15th, 2022.
You can see if your Zap uses the Livestorm v1 if there's a " DEPRECATED" mention next to Livestorm.
After March 15th, 2022, your Zaps won't work anymore if you haven't migrated them from Livestorm v1 to v2.
There's nothing complicated and we're going to show you how to do it step by step in our dedicated article about it.
You can also contact our support team if you have any questions on email@example.com. They will be very happy to help you. 😀