Use Salesforce With Livestorm
Livestorm Salesforce integration will link your Livestorm workspace with your Salesforce instance.
This integration will :
- Create a Salesforce Campaign whenever you create a Livestorm Session.
- Whenever someone registers to a Livestorm session, search for an existing Contact or Lead in Salesforce based on the email address used for registration. If it doesn’t already exist, create a new lead. This Lead or Contact is used to create a Salesforce Campaign Member associated to this campaign.
- Update the Salesforce Campaign Member with the custom field “Livestorm Status” and the values “Attended” or “Did not attend”, and any attendance-related custom fields.
You must set the fields First Name, Last Name, Email, and Company as mandatory in your Livestorm registration forms as this is a Salesforce requirement.
Our Salesforce integration is available in private beta for Enterprise customers.
Alternatively, you can automatically add registrants to your Livestorm events when they are created as a member in your campaign on Salesforce via your CRM or other tools connected to your CRM.
In this article
Configure Salesforce with Livestorm
First you will have to create a custom field called “Livestorm Status” on the Campaign Member object in your Salesforce instance.
- Go into the "Setup" menu by clicking on the gear on the top right corner of your Salesforce home screen.
- Follow the path: Objects and fields > Object Manager > Campaign Member > Fields and relationships > New
- Select the data type Picklist and click on Next.
- Set the Field Label to Livestorm Status.
Select the second option in values,
Enter values, with each value separated by a new line and add the following values:
- Did not attend
- Click Next until you get to the last step 4/4 and then click on Save.
Configure the Livestorm Salesforce Integration
Once your Salesforce is setup, let's see how to configure the Livestorm Salesforce!
- Go to https://livestorm.integry.io
- On top right corner, click Sign In and log into your Livestorm account selecting the Login to the app option.
- If you want to register people from Livestorm select the [Prod] Salesforce card. However, if you want to register people from Salesforce, then select the [Prod] Salesforce (Registration from Salesforce) card.
- Connect your Salesforce account.
- If you are using a Production environment, select the Production option, or select the Sandbox option if you're using a Sandbox environment, and click Proceed.
- Now the fun part begins! You will be asked to map the fields of your Salesforce Campaign Member object with the fields available on the Livestorm Registrant object: for every Salesforce Campaign Member field that you want to fill with Livestorm data, simply select the corresponding Livestorm field. You will also see your own custom fields in the list, allowing you to tailor the flow to your specific rules and needs.
- You will then be asked to map the fields of your Salesforce Lead object with the fields available on the Livestorm Registrant object: for every Salesforce Lead field that you want to fill with Livestorm data, simply select the corresponding Livestorm field. You will also see your own custom fields in the list, allowing you to tailor the flow to your specific rules and needs.
- Your integration with Salesforce is ready to be enabled, all you have to do is click Save. You will then see the new flow created, just make sure that it is set to active and you are good to go!
The integration is activated across all of your events by default, so you won’t have to enable it for each event in the Livestorm platform like in other integrations.