Connect Pipedrive & Livestorm
Why Connecting Livestorm and Pipedrive?
By connecting Livestorm and Pipedrive together you can send your registrants/attendees automatically to your sales pipeline, under a specific stage. This is great to make sure that your sales team will follow up on the leads you generate via your webinars.
How Does It Work?
1. Find Your API Key
First, you need to grab your Pipedrive API key. Go to your Pipedrive account settings, under personal API and copy the sequence of characters. It looks like the screenshot below. If you can't find it, follow this tutorial.
2. Add Your Pipedrive API Key to Livestorm
Now you can go to your Livestorm account. Go to Settings > Integrations > Pipedrive and just fill out the form with your Pipedrive API key.
3. Create Automation Rules
Based on your attendees behaviour you can trigger specific actions in Pipedrive.
- When someone registers. This will trigger each time someone registers to one of your webinars (via the registration page, the registration widget or Zapier).
- When someone attends the webinar. This will trigger only at the end of your webinars. The rule will fire actions for each registrant that has attended the webinar.
Actions available (aka what you can do on Pipedrive)
- Create/update a new contact and company.*
- Create/update a new deal in a specific stage/pipeline
- Create an activity on a contact
*This means that this will update your contact if it is already in your Pipedrive. If it doesn't exist yet, it will create it. Also, we will never override existing data. We'll just add information that is missing.
When we create or update a contact or a company we make sure to pass the data from your registration form as well. Meaning that if you use our preset fields such as phone, company, website, first name, name, etc. we will map those fields with the ones on Pipedrive.
Note that you can make sure that this integration is enabled by default every time you create a new webinar. Just check that last box at the bottom.
Import note: integrations you set up will be disabled by default for your previously created webinars. If you want to enable the integration for a previous webinar, just go to the webinar settings page and you'll be able to enable it under the Integration part.
My deal is not created, why?
When accounts register to your webinars, you may end with several people from the same organization registering to your webinar. In this case, you don't want to end up with multiple deals for each new registrations. So we thought of a system to avoid duplicates. To understand why this is happening we need to explain the logic behind the creation of the deal:
- When we detect a new registration or a new attendee, we look for a registration field "company" (if not found, we detect the company based on the email domain).
- Then we search for the company on Pipedrive.
- If the company is not found, we create the company:
- Then we look for a deal attached to the contact. If it exists, we don't do anything.
- If not, we create the deal.
- If the company is found we look for a deal attached:
- If there's a deal attached in the specified pipeline we don't create the deal.
- If there's no deal attached then we create the deal.
⚠️To make sure you keep your pipeline clean and don't end up with duplicates, we won't create the deal even if the deal is marked as "lost" in Pipedrive.
To debug the deal creation, make sure on Pipedrive that:
- The organization does not exist or delete it
- The contact does not exist or delete
- The deal does not exist (lost, open, etc).
- Or set a new pipeline